Optimal Living Therapy offers cognitive and functional rehabilitation for those with an acquired brain injury (ABI) or spinal cord injury (SCI). Our registered NDIS service providers provide a therapy process which is collaborative and tailored to challenge the speed of progress and achieve both functional and community goals.
We are a highly experienced team that prefers to work with our clients at their home, workplace or community where they feel comfortable.
As experts in cognition and function our occupational therapists can work with you to assess what cognitive domains need rehabilitation in order to help maximise your recovery, and by coupling this with functional rehabilitation we can work with you to achieve your goals.
Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation
Occupational Therapy plays a pivotal role in rehabilitation following an acquired brain injury. As experts in cognition and function our occupational therapists can work with you to assess what cognitive domains need rehabilitation in order to help maximise your recovery, and by coupling this with functional rehabilitation we can work with you to achieve your goals.
Our Senior Therapists have extensive experience in ABI and have been working alongside clients in cognitive rehabilitation for years, helping them progress in their rehabilitation with confidence and success.
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Rehabilitation
Experiencing a life changing spinal cord injury can be terrifying and often means having to change the way you do everything in your day to day life. Transitioning back into your life after your injury you will have many goals you want to achieve in your rehabilitation, and whether your goals are related to your daily life, hobbies or career we can work with you to create a goal orientated rehabilitation program.
Our Therapists have extensive experience in SCI rehabilitation and aim to maximise results.
Our Rehabilitation process is unique
We set goals with a purpose and understand the motivation behind them
We celebrate every achievement
We focus on your abilities and strengths
We create a comfortable pace that challenges growth
What we will do:
- Meet with you at your home to discuss your injury, what rehabilitation (if any) you’ve received so far and explore what goals are most important to you in your rehabilitation
- Assess and recommend any equipment or modifications you might need to get back home, or function better within it (eg: wheelchair, seating systems, pressure care, ramp, bathroom, kitchen)
- Advise you on home/assistive technologies available that may increase your independence of help you achieve your goals
- Work on areas of weakness you may have whilst optimizing your strengths to work towards achieving your goals
- Facilitate your independence by working on strategies/techniques and equipment to help you complete tasks- and integrate these into you daily life
- Equip you and everyone around you to support you and your rehabilitation goals everyday through education and training
Optimal Living Therapy was founded to enable individuals who have had a change in health and/or ability to live as autonomously as possible in their home and engage with their community. We do this by:
- Providing Occupational Therapy Rehabilitation Services to help clients achieve their goals (NDIS certified)
- Providing Home Modifications so that our clients can interact with their homes better and more autonomously (NDIS certified)
- Conducting Functional Capacity Assessments for those wanting to access further NDIS services
- Certifying Specialist Disability Accomodation (SDA) and helping to design homes for those with specific requirements
We also can provide:
We service the Perth, Western Australia region and can assist in other projects nation-wide.