Optimal Living Therapy offers cognitive and functional rehabilitation services for adult individuals with neurological conditions such as acquired brain injury (ABI), spinal cord injury (SCI), Parkinson’s, Multiple sclerosis and Huntington disease. We are NDIS certified to provide occupational therapy, and do so in a collaborative way that is tailored to each client and their own functional and community goals.
We are a highly experienced team that prefers to work with our clients at their home, workplace or community where they feel comfortable.
As experts in cognition and function our occupational therapists can work with you to assess what cognitive domains need rehabilitation in order to help maximise your recovery, and by coupling this with functional rehabilitation we can work with you to achieve your goals.
Our Rehabilitation process is unique
We set goals with a purpose and understand the motivation behind them
We celebrate every achievement
We focus on your abilities and strengths
We create a comfortable pace that challenges growth
What we will do:
- Meet with you at your home to discuss your injury, what rehabilitation (if any) you’ve received so far and explore what goals are most important to you in your rehabilitation
- Assess and recommend any equipment or modifications you might need to get back home, or function better within it (eg: wheelchair, seating systems, pressure care, ramp, bathroom, kitchen)
- Advise you on home/assistive technologies available that may increase your independence of help you achieve your goals
- Work on areas of weakness you may have whilst optimizing your strengths to work towards achieving your goals
- Facilitate your independence by working on strategies/techniques and equipment to help you complete tasks- and integrate these into you daily life
- Equip you and everyone around you to support you and your rehabilitation goals everyday through education and training
Optimal Living Therapy was founded to enable individuals who have had a change in health and/or ability to live as autonomously as possible in their home and engage with their community. We do this by:
- Providing Occupational Therapy Rehabilitation Services to help clients achieve their goals (NDIS certified)
- Providing Home Modifications so that our clients can interact with their homes better and more autonomously (NDIS certified)
- Conducting Functional Capacity Assessments for those wanting to access further NDIS services
- Certifying Specialist Disability Accomodation (SDA) and helping to design homes for those with specific requirements
We also can provide:
We service the Perth, Western Australia region and can assist in other projects nation-wide.