Complex home modifications are structural changes to your home and can range from bathroom and kitchen remodelling through to large ramps or lifts. Our occupational therapists are skilled in assessing you within your home and use their knowledge of your current and future needs to make changes that will enable you to remain in your home for as long as possible.
By partnering this knowledge with architects, designers and builders we can help you to achieve optimal living in your home.
We provide support for a wide variety of complex home modifications including, but not limited to:
- Bathroom modifications such as full bathroom re-models to create an accessible bathroom/wet room, through to removals of a bath or shower hob to create a level access shower
- Kitchen modifications that can include a full layout change, recommendations for accessible shelving, bench and cupboard heights as well as accessible appliances
- Minor modifications including the installation of grab rails, widening doorways, changing tapware, fixtures and fittings
Are you an NDIS participant? Optimal Living Therapy can provide guidance and support throughout the NDIS process for accessing Home Modifications services.
This can include:
- Functional assessment to establish the environmental barriers and explore possible solutions, including consideration to low cost alternatives as required by NDIS guidelines.
- Where complex modification is required, working with the NDIS participant to establish proposed recommendations in consultation with a building consultant where required.
- Review of plans and scope of works provided by building consultant in consultation with the NDIS participant.
- Generation of plans and scope of works where not otherwise provided by building consultant.
- Quote sourcing from builders and suppliers when not otherwise completed by building consultant.
- Completion of Complex Home Modification application for submission to NDIS.
- Follow up liaison with building consultants and NDIS as required.
- Assistance and support throughout the implementation process including follow up consultations to ensure everything is going smoothly after completion.