We provide assessments for participants that want to access Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding in the NDIS. Our assessments address all criteria required to be presented in a participant’s Housing Plan to test their eligibility for SDA.
The NDIS relies on the advice and professional judgement of allied health practitioners to determine whether NDIS participants receive funding for treatment and for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA), and the type and level of this funding.
Optimal Therapy can provide comprehensive functional capacity assessments that look into the participants goals so that we can focus on the support needed to achieve those goals. We work with Support Coordinators to ensure your Housing Plan is completed correctly and addresses all criteria for the NDIS.
Functional capacity assessments for Specialist Disability Accommodation:
- Our assessments include a screening of existing documentation from NDIS plans, support coordination, doctors, therapists, etc. to determine likely eligibility for SDA (before commencing full assessment)
- Full capacity assessment that evaluates participants goals and how an SDA response relates to that
- Interpret all our findings with reference to the SDA eligibility criteria
- We guarantee a person-directed, strengths-based approach
- We have significant experience with the SDA Rules 2016, and the recently updated June 2020 SDA rules.