What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides funding support to approved participants in order to help them achieve their goals and help them work towards increased independence, participation in work/education and community involvement. Optimal Living Therapy is a registered NDIS provider and provides service to NDIS, plan managed and self-managed participants.
Optimal Living Therapy work closely with our clients to ensure their NDIS plan encompasses all of the therapy services they require to help them achieve their goals. The NDIS is being progressively rolled out across Western Australia.
Our NDIS Services:
- Functional capacity assessments including those required prior to your NDIS planning meeting
- Therapy sessions in your home that are structured to help you achieve the goals that are important to you.
- Prescription of Assistive technology (eg. equipment, adaptive aids and home modifications). We are experienced in the prescription of equipment, modifications and technology from the simple through to the complex.
- We provide services to those with an existing NDIS plan as well as support participants who are in the planning phase for when NDIS rolls out in their area, or those beginning a new NDIS plan.
- We ensure all your therapy needs are identified before the commencement of your plan – this minimises the chance of needing a plan review to seek funding for items not identified during the initial planning phase.
Specialist Disability Accomodation:
Specialist Disability Accomodation is housing that has been specially designed for people who are unable to live in mainstream housing due to their extreme functional impairment or very high support needs.
- We provide assessments for participants that want to access Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding in the NDIS. Our assessments address all criteria required to be presented in a participant’s Housing Plan to test their eligibility for SDA.
- Optimal Living Therapy can provide certifications for SDA properties thanks to our Accredited SDA Assessor.