SDA Funding Assessments
Functional Capacity Assessments for those wanting to access SDA in the NDIS
The NDIS relies on the advice and professional judgement of allied health practitioners to determine whether NDIS participants receive funding for treatment and for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA), and the type and level of this funding.
Optimal Therapy can provide comprehensive functional capacity assessments that look into the participants goals so that we can focus on the support needed to to achieve those goals. We work with Support Coordinators to ensure your Housing Plan is competed correctly and addresses all criteria for the NDIS.
Functional capacity assessments for Specialist Disability Accomodation.
- Our assessments include a screening of existing documentation from NDIS plans, support coordination, doctors, therapists etc to determine likely eligibility for SDA (before commencing full assessment)
- Full capacity assessment that evaluates participants goals and how an SDA response relates to that
- Interpret all our findings with reference to the SDA eligibility criteria
- We guarantee a person-directed, strengths-based approach
- We have significant experience with the SDA Rules 2016
Optimal Living Therapy was founded to enable individuals who have had a change in health and/or ability to live as autonomously as possible in their home and engage with their community. We do this by:
- Providing Occupational Therapy Rehabilitation Services to help clients achieve their goals (NDIS certified)
- Providing Home Modifications so that our clients can interact with their homes better and more autonomously (NDIS certified)
- Conducting Functional Capacity Assessments for those wanting to access further NDIS services
- Certifying Specialist Disability Accomodation (SDA) and helping to design homes for those with specific requirements
We also can provide:
We service the Perth, Western Australia region and can assist in other projects nation-wide.